Voyage toward Indian cum French place with Pondicherry Tour Operators Delhi presenting you customized Pondicherry Holiday India. With reasonably priced Pondicherry Tour Packages, you get to experience the splendor of this place which is a pure reflection of its society. The place is surrounded by interesting French design avenue and monuments which definitely attracts tourists from all around the world towards it. Many regard this place as mini French place in India and makes you feel like that you have arrived in different foreign country. The place is a spiritual retreat with epitome freshness. If you are planning or about to plan summer vacation in near future then you must explore this heavenly destination.
Basic Facts of Pondicherry:
• Rank: 1 out of 32 Places To Visit In Union Territory
• State: Tamil Nadu
• Famous for/as: Sightseeing, Beaches, French Culture
• Altitude: 3 m
• Pin code: 605001
• District: union territory of Puducherry in southern India
• Language: Tamil, French, English, Telugu, Malayalam
• STD code: 0413
• Weather: Summer 24 to 41°C, Winter 17 to 32°C
It’s a magnificent city located at south east coast of India and has a history to Dutch, Portuguese, English and the French. In 1944, archaeological conducted a four year study which revealed that in 1st century, Pondicherry was a trading place and most of the goods that are being supplied here was of roman. It has been traced that in 4th century, the land was under pallav kingdom and later in 1674 French East India Company set up colony here which later became export import center between India and European countries. When British gained control over India in 19th century, they allowed French to retain the land but soon after India’s independence it became a union territory and part of India.
Pondicherry is a place where French is spoken generally and community along with its culture is beautifully blended with Dutch, French, British and Tamil. Almost eighty percent of population is educated here. Though we get to see strong presence of cosmopolitan culture but when it comes to custom and rituals, it was more likely any southern manner in the midst of classical music and tap. All the Indian festivals are celebrated here with full grandeur. The place is also famous for international gala Mask Festival, or Mascarade, where people get on street and parade.
• What to expect: Local Attraction, Beaches, Historical and Cultural points, Sight seeing
• Travelling to Puducherry: The Best way to reach Puducherry is
♦ By Road- Connected to major cities and regular buses are available.
♦ By Train- The nearby railway station is Villupuram which is only 35 km away.
♦ By Flight- Flights only from Hyderabad and Bangalore are available.
• Minimum honeymoon Packages: Ask
• Minimum Duration: 3 to 5 days
• Time to visit: October – March
• Most preferred: Coupled and family
♦ Temples: Navagraha Temples, Aayiram Kaliamman Temple, Saneeswara Temple, Bhadrakali Temple, Sri Kailasanathar Temple
♦ Villages: Settur, Ambagarattur, Niravi, Akalankannu, Puttakudi
♦ Beaches: Pondicherry Beach, Plage Paradiso, Karaikal Sandy Beach, Veerampattinam Beach
♦ Other Famous Places: Nedungadu, Sri Aurobindo Ashram, Annai Velankanni Church, Church Of Our Lady Of Lourdes, Church Of Our Lady Of Lourdes
• Wear cotton or synthetic dress especially in summer; climate is mainly warm and must
• Protect yourself against harsh sun by carrying sunscreen lotions, hats and sunglasses
• In winters, the place gets chilly and one must carry sweaters & light jackets.
• The place is quite popular among tourists and that’s why advance booking of hotel is recommended.
Ever wanted to taste French aura? If yes, then look no further and travel to Pondicherry which has a strong influence of French architecture and cuisine is in itself appetizing that will leave an indelible mark on your mind. If you ever wanted to explore different culture within India and this is the right choice for you.