Gets a delightful journey with Odisha tour operators Delhi bringing you flexible Odisha tour packages India. By enrolling any Odisha Holiday Packages you’ll get soul touch journey covering all attraction points. It is an amazing place of grand monuments, beaches, splendid temples and tribal culture. Although the place has more than 500 temples but it’s most famous ones is Jagnnath and konark temple. Millions of tourists from domestic and international come here to experience the ancient divine beauty of this state.
Basic Facts About Odisha:
■ Ranked: Ranked in 17 most Indian states for domestic and international travellers
■ Famous for/as: Temples and Beaches
■ State: Odisha is a state
■ Altitude: 45 m
■ Language spoken: Hindi, Urdu, Bengali and Telugu
■ STD Code: 0671
■ Weather info: Summer 40-46° C and Winters 3-4° C.
■ Pincode: 751001-770072
Odisha is also known as Orissa. The history can be divided into five: Ancient Odisha, Medieval Odisha, colonial era and post-Independence. The modern state of Odisha was established on 1 April 1936 at Kanika Palace. The official language of Odisha is Odia and its most widely spoken. As per the myth, Kalinga was known to be a powerful kingdom before it was invaded by Ashoka. Puranas says that Kalinga war was one of the most dreadful fight in the history of India in which more than 1,00,000 people died and 1,50,000 were taken as prisoners. Ashoka could not the bear the horrifying slaughter caused him. He took the path of non-violence and adopted Buddhism.
The people of Odisha are Tribal’s coming from districts like Rayagada, Koraput, Sambalpur and Malkangiri. The place is famous for its classical form of Dance which is nearly 2000 years old. Some of the famous Dance includes Mahari Dance, Chhau dance and Gotipua dance. The cultural attraction of Odisha is Jagannath temple Rath Yatra, also known as Car Festival. Coming to Art, Odisha is also known for Sand Sculpture, practiced on beaches. Odisha people prefer traditional dresses like Dhoti-kurta and Gamucha for men and Women normally wear sari and salwar kameez.
• What to Expect: Sightseeing, temples
• How to Travel to Odisha:
• By Bus: Government and private busses are available on regular basis and are well connected to with neighboring states.
• By Rail: Trains are easily available from all major cities to Bhubaneswar Railway Station.
• By Flight: domestic and international flights are available to Bhubaneshwar / Biju Patnaik
• By Road/Cab/Self driving: Consider National Highway 5, 23 and SH1 if you’re travelling by vehicle.
• Minimum Holiday Package: ASK (Per Couple)
• Minimum duration of holiday: Atleast 3 to 5 days
• Time to Visit: November to April
• Most Preferred By: Family
Top Destinations to Visit in Odisha
■ Temples : Shri Jagannatha Mandira, Surya Mandira (SUN Temple), Sri Sri Baladev Jew Temple, DevKund, Baliharchandi Mandira, LingaRaj Temple
■ Beaches : Rushikulya Beach, Astarang Beach, Chandipur Beach, Ramchandi Beach, Bhitarkanika Beach
■ Lakes : Chilika Lake, Ansupa Lake, Bindu Sarovara, Damdama Lake, Bindu Sagar Lake
■ Historical sites : Bindu Sagar Lake, Udayagiri Pilgrimage, Barabati Fort, Bedi Hanuman Temple, Gobardhana Pitha Garoi Ashram, Anantashayana Vishnu
• Leave your valuable items at home while visiting jaggannath Temple
• Beware of pickpockets and bag snatchers
• Purchase your rail/road/air tickets from authorized agency
• Before Arrival, Pre-book hotels. Especially during festive season.
Travelling to Odisha will be more like travelling to paradise. Let’s plan an amazing trip to spiritual place where ancient kingdom of Kalinga used to be. This is a perfect place if you want to explore stone carved temples, wildlife at Bhitarkanika National Park and beaches of amazing sunsets.