Expedition becomes exciting with custom Meghalaya Holidays Packages India presenting gentle trip by Meghalaya Tours Operators Delhi as per your needs. With wide range of Meghalaya Holidays Packages, you will get to experience the heavenly land of clouds. There are so many places for you to visit here giving you a picturesque view of hills, rivers, lakes, valley, waterfalls and parks. The locals are mainly tribal and possess distinct culture descended from their forefathers. Their knitting skills ensure high quality of Mats, stools and baskets along with cloths and baskets. It is one of the striking places in India that will definitely leave you astounded and emotionally unwind.
Basic Facts about Meghalaya
• Rank: Ranked 23 in India state tourism
• State: Meghalaya itself is a state in northeast India
• Famous for/as: Hills
• Altitude: 1,496 m
• Pin code: 793XXX
• Capital: Shillong
• Language: Hindi, Khasi language, Marathi language, more
• STD code: East Garo Hills (3658), East Khasi Hills (364), Jaintia Hills (3652), Ri Bhoi (3638), South Garo Hills (3639), West Garo Hills (3651), West Khasi Hills(36542).
• Weather: Vary as per region.
Meghalaya is been an archaeological curiosity place and it has been predicted that people has been existed here since Neolithic era. The name is been derived from Sanskrit which means “The Adobe of Clouds”. The state has a rich tribal history of Khasis , Jaintias and Garos. Each of the trive has different relation; the Garos belong to the Tibeto-Burman race whereas Khasis and Jaintias are connected to the Mon-Khmer. When British came, they invaded all 3 tribes region and made Cherrapunji their headquarter. They divided kingdom into sixteen territories and introduced political and administrative control.
Meghalaya has a rich cultural Tribe and people are very lean on their tradition that is being passed on from generations. Customary dances are a vital element of people’s culture particularly to Khasi community. These dances outline the past or the life series of an person or a township or a accumulation of villages. It portrays universal culture along with their regional taste. They celebrate variety of festivals but famous one are- Ka Pom-Blang Nongkrem, Ka-Shad Shyngwiang-Thangiap,Ka Shad Suk Mynsiem, Ka-Shad-Kynjoh Khaskain, Ka Bam Khana Shnong, Umsan Nongkharai, and Shad Beh Sier. Their dance form truly tells the relationship between men, his culture along with his natural eco-system.
♦ What to expect: Sightseeing
♦ How to Reach:
• By Air- Gopinath Bordoloi Airport in Guwahati is the nearest airport.
• By Bus- State and private buses are available on regular basis.
• By Rail- There’s no rail lines in Meghalaya; the nearest railway station is in Guawahti.
♦ Minimum Holiday Packages: Ask Per Person.
♦ Minimum Duration: 2 to 3 days.
♦ Best Time to Visit: September to May.
♦ Most preferred: family, kids, friends and couples.
• Hills: Shillong, Cherrapunjee, Tura, Jowai, Nongpoh, Nongstoin, Williamnagar.
• Jungles: Baghmara, Balpakram National Park.
• Famous Markets: Lewduh market (Bara Bazar), Police Bazaar.
♦ Don’t travel randomly; Plan your trip precisely from starting point to ending point.
♦ Hire a cab for better exposure of city.
♦ Advance booking of hotel is recommended.
♦ Be safe and under guidance during trekking and hiking.
It’s time to explore, dream and travel to one of the rarest place in India for your cultural and exciting vacation. Meghalaya does not disappoint with its natural formed structure and bridge along with amazing flora and fauna. So let’s get started; it’s time to plan a short trip to a place where hills dances along with clouds.