Plan to dream travele with Mahabaleshwar Holidays Packages India planned by 100+ professional Mahabaleshwar Tour Operators Delhi. Opt for any Mahabaleshwar tours Packages as per your means; they all are able to deliver the supreme journey towards the culture and tradition of this famous city. The place is popular because of majestic buildings, lively pubs, Bollywood- Marathi movie industry, cultural communities, aquatic life, incredible food and night life. Travelling here will not only make you witness Marathas culture but also their lifestyle along with finest intact seashore of India.
Basic Facts about Mahabaleshwar
• Rank: Ranked 2 of 131Maharashtra Tourism Destinations
• State: Maharashtra
• Famous for/as: Hill Station
• Altitude: 1438 m
• Pin code: 412806
• District: Satara
• Language: Marathi, Hindi and English
• STD code: 02168
• Weather: Summer 15 to 35°C, Winter 10 to 24°C
Mahabaleshwar was first mentioned in year 1215 when king of Deogiri, King Singhan visited this place. He constructed water tanks through river krishna and manufactured small temples. Later in 1350, a Brahmin dynasty invaded this region and in 16th century, they got defeated by Marathas family, Chandarao More and ruled over Jaoli and Mahabaleshwar. In early 19th century, British integrated the hills in the province of the Raja of Satara and became a stationed area of Col. Lodwick. The places became popular because of its springs, streams, and waterfalls and by the end of 19th century it has become gorgeous hill station with honey bee nectar among Britishers.
It is a beautiful small hill station located at Western Ghats. The nature has truly blessed this place with ancient rivers Krishna, Venna, Koyna and Gayatri which creates a spectacular ambiance. The city is popular vibrant with many great rulers such as King Singhan of Deogiri. Travelling here will make you witness mixture of the rich antique Maharashtrian civilization. Marathi is the dominant language here followed by Hindi and English. Though there are several festivals but out of so many, Ganesh Chaturthi is the main festival that is being celebrated with full enthusiasm and grandeur. Coming to the food, one must taste the famous vada paw and Pawbhaji that are available at a very affordable rate.
♦ What to expect: Sightseeing.
♦ How to Reach:
• By Flight- The nearest Airport is Pune airport which located at a distance of 120 km.
• By Bus- Regular buses are available on regular basis from major cities.
• By Train- One of the most economical way; the nearest train station is Wathar which is 60 KM away.
♦ Minimum Holiday Packages: Ask Per Person
♦ Minimum Duration: 3 to 5 days.
♦ Best Time to Visit: October to June
♦ Most preferred: Families and couples.
• View Points: Elephant’s Head Point, Arthur’s Seat, Wilson Point, Lodwick Point, Elphinstone Point, Bombay Point, Mumbai Point (Sunset Point), Parsi Point, Picnic Spot, Babbington Point, Pinchers Point 445.
• Temples: Lord Mahabaleshwar Temple, Krishnabai Temple, Ram Mandir, Shree Ganesh Mandir, 445 Temple, Shri Hanuman Mandir, Sadguru Siddhrameshwar Mandir, Shankar Temple, Shri Sambhu Mahadev Mandir, Shri Sai Baba Mandir, Janni Mata Mandir.
• Waterfalls: Lingamala falls, Dhobi Waterfalls, Chinamons Falls, Bhilar Waterfalls, Chiman’S Falls.
• Other spots: Mapro Garden, Pratapgarh Fort, Roman Catholic Church, On Wheelz, Tapola, Venna Lake.
♦ Book your hotel in advance.
♦ Do not spoil the surroundings; carry your own garbage.
♦ Carry Mosquito repellants.
♦ Carry less loose cash; ATM’s are available everywhere.
♦ Carry small bag to put your things while trekking and hiking.
If you wish to travel far and fast away from busy schedules & city noise; then look no further because Mahabaleshwar is the one. This place will leave no chance to surprise you with its marvelous view of hills, temples, waterfalls and thrilling activities. So travel along with your families and friends to witness the charm of this place.