Travel to natural striking beauty with Konark tour operator Delhi presenting you striking Konark Holiday Packages India within budget. Decide on any Konark Tour Packages you get to experience appealing exotic beach along with exceptional monuments that shows the ancient Oriyan architecture. The place is famous for two thing, Rich marine life with amazing sea foods and Pleasing atmosphere blended with tradition and local culture. The main attraction of this place is Sun Temple also known as Black Pagoda which is massive and symbol of ancient architectural of India.
Basic Facts about Konark
• Rank: Ranked 10 of 39 Orissa Tourism Destinations
• State: Odisha
• Famous for/as: Heritage/Architecture
• Altitude: 2 meter
• Pin code: 752111
• District: Puri
• Language: Oriya, Hindi, English
• STD code: 067581
• Weather: Summer 19 to 45°C, Winter 4 to 22°C
The name of the Konark is the formation of two words that includes Kona- means Edge/ corner and Arka means Sun and is being known by so many names such as Arkakshetra and Konaditya. The temple is one of the majestic temples of India also known as Black Pagoda was built by King Narasimha Deva in 1278 CE. The temple was saved from getting ruin in late 19th century. This famous temple was also featured on 7 wonders on world and now is a UNESCO world heritage site. Today this place is an architectural grandeur and sculpture work attracting explorers from all around the world.
The culture of this place depicts the grace, joy and rhythm of life in a wonderful way. It is the best place to admire the Orissa style of Art. The place was nearly forgotten during British reign but later when India got independence, the place was brought back to life by retaining its dance forms such as Chhau Dance and Tribal martial arts. The people here are mainly Tribal and they perform dance that is tradition; almost 20,000 years ago. The place is famous for its sand sculpture that is being crafted on beach. Coming to their attire, men normally wear Dhoti-Kurta whereas women wear Salwar Kameez and Sari’s.
♦ What to expect: Temples, monuments, Sightseeing
♦ How to travel:
• By Air- The nearest Airport is Bhubaneshwar Airport at a distance of 64 KM and flights are available from major cities.
• By Bus- Buses are available from neighboring cities only.
• By Train- The nearest Train station is Puri, which is 31 KM away from cities and prepaid taxis are available after that to reach here.
♦ Minimum Duration of Holiday: 2 to 3 days
♦ Best time to Visit: September – April
♦ Most Preferred By: Family’s
• Temples: Ramachandi Temple, Vishnu Temple, Trimbakeshwar Temple, Panch Mukhi Temple, Satya Sai Mandir, Hanuman Temple, Arkeshwar Temple, Sun temple.
• Museums: Archaeological Survey of India Museum, Kork State Museum, Asi Museum.
• Beaches: Chandrabhaga Sea Beach, Ramchandi Beach, Kork Beach.
♦ Leave your precious items at hotel.
♦ Keep your senses open; be cautious of Bag snatchers and pick pockets.
♦ Keep your wallet in your jacket pocket or rather in front pocket of your trouser.
♦ Exchange foreign currency from official money changers only
♦ One can enroll English speaking guide from Govt. of Orissa tourist Office; they have fixed rate.
Let’s give you a relaxing moment shall we? Konark is a perfect location to you and your family giving you a spiritual journey. The place is religious as well as ancient giving you a chance to explore stone carved temples, wildlife, national parks and relaxing beaches.