Journey toward mini-Switzerland with custom Gangtok Holidays Packages india providing calm trip by Gangtok Tour Operators delhi. Among any Gangtok tour Packages you get to loosen up in the arms of stunning nature under the shadow of Kanchenjunga Range. The place is famous for two reasons: one as an alluring hill station and second as a commercial hub. The place is immense with a unique mixture of culture along with ancient monasteries that’s a pure reflection to historical era. Nature lover or action seeking it attracts all type of tourists. Being the highest mountain passes of the world, the place is perfect for various activities such as camping, hiking, trekking, rafting, paragliding and much more.
Basic Facts about Gangtok
• Rank: Ranked 1 of 24 Sikkim Tourism Destinations
• State: Sikkim
• Famous for/as: Hill Station
• Altitude: 1437 m
• Pin code: 737101
• District: East Sikkim
• Language: Nepali, Sikkimese, Bhutia, Lepcha, Hindi, English, Limbu, Newari, Rai, Gurung, Mangar, Sherpa, Tamang and Sunwar
• STD code: 03592
• Weather: Summer 10 to 28°C; Winter -5 to 16°C
Situated at the foothills of Himalayas, this place was a small village in 18th century. During mid 19th century, this place became a center for Buddhist monks and many pilgrimages were developed. The land came under British Reign in 1903 in order to prevent Russian empire to capture this region. Later it became the halting point to various merchants travelling from Tibet and colonial India. At the end of 19th century, the city was developed with roads, buildings and telegraphs. After India’s independence, Jawaharlal Nehru signed a treaty with region royal’s stating that the place will remain sovereign to India but in 1962, Sino-Indian War took place and trading pass where closed. In 1975 kingdom of Sikkim was ended and Sikkim became part of India whereas Gangtok its capital.
The culture here is a unique mixture of diverse civilization that also includes monarchy of Sikkim. The Community might be diverse but they are intact and main religion Buddhism and Hinduism. Its uniqueness can be well understood by its dance and music during festive seasons. They celebrate Dashain, Tihar, Holi, Diwali and Christmas with full enthusiasm. “The Devil Dance” here is quite famous and performed during New Year eve. Coming to food, there are varieties of Tibet and Chinese cuisine but the place is quite famous for MOMO’s. The stuffing consists pork, chicken, beef and vegetables which makes its delicious and mouthwatering.
♦ What to expect: Sightseeing and local attraction points
♦ How to travel:
• By Flight- There’s no direct flight, the nearest airport is in Bagdogra, West Bengal.
• By Bus- State transport buses are available from Bagdogre and Siliguri.
• By Train- No direct train are available; the nearest rail station is New Jalpaiguri which is 117 km away and connected to major cities such as Kolkata and Delhi.
♦ Minimum Duration of Holiday: 4 to 5 days
♦ Best time to Visit: October to March and March to June
♦ Most Preferred By: Couples, friends and families.
• Monasteries: Rumtek Monastery, Enchey Monastery, Ranka Monastery, Phensong Monasery, Tashiding Monastery, Tsuk La Khang Monastery, Lingdum Monastery, Gonjang Gumpa, Pal Zurmang Kagyud Monastery, Dodrupchen Monastery.
• Temples: Ganesh Tok, Hanuman Tok, Baba Harbhajan Singh Memorial Temple, Shiv Mandir, Parbateyswar Shivalaya Mandir, Thakurbari Temple,
• Sanctuaries: Deer Park, Deorali Orchid Sanctuary, Khangchendzonga Biosphere Reserve, Shingba Rhododendron Sanctuary, Kyongnosla Alpine Sanctuary, Fambong La Wildlife Sanctuary.
• Lakes: Tsomgo Lake, Changu Lake, Menmecho Lake, Cholamu Lake.
• Others: Ban Jhakri Falls, Seven Sister Waterfalls, Bakthang Waterfalls, King Palace, Chogyal Palace.
♦ Don’t get tempted by waterfalls, rocks are very slippery.
♦ Avail an experience driver as roads are in very bad shapes; landslide prone areas.
♦ Carry extra woolen cloths to keep yourself warm.
♦ Take extra safety precautions and do carry medical kit.
Life is short and the world is huge so travel along with your friends and families to Gangtok where cuisine is luscious, culture is gorgeous, hills are enormous and atmosphere in itself is astonishing. The beauty of this place cannot be defined in words; it is something that you must witness with your own eyes.