Travel to memorable journey with Dalhousie Tour Operators delhi fetching you elite Dalhousie Holiday Packages India as per your needs. With any Dalhousie Tour Packages, you get to experience snow peaked mountains under the western range of Himalayas. There are five hills located at this place, spread over an area of 14 SQ KM that is- The Katalagh, Bakrota, Terah, Potreyn and Bhangora. It is the only place in India that is being fervor in all seasons. If you are history eagerness then this place will definitely impress you with Victorian and Scottish architectural building.
Basic Facts about Dalhousie
• Rank: Ranked 3 of 54 Himachal Pradesh Tourism Destinations
• State: Himachal Pradesh
• Famous for/as: Hill Station
• Altitude: 1954 m
• Pin code: 176304
• District: Chamba
• Language: Hindi, Pahari
• STD code: 01899
• Weather: Summer 16 to 42°C, Winter -2 to 19°C
The beautiful place of Dalhousie is located at Himachal Pradesh and was founded by British empire in 1854 later used as summer retreat for its officials and troops. It is regarded as gateway to Chamba district and it’s a place of ancient Hindu art, temples, culture, and handicrafts. The place was named after Lord Dalhousie, Governor General who came to India in 1848. He was on the mission to extend the British rule as vast as possible. To fulfill his motive, he introduced “Doctrine of Lapse”, which states that if any ruler is died without the natural heir than that region will be annexed by Britishers and many states satara, Nagpur and Jhansi came under British Dominion.
The people here are very friendly and too polite while speaking. Most of the tourist, especially foreigners, who went here get easily interacted with locals. Majority of populations are Hindus here and they celebrate all festivals with full fervor of dance and songs. Music here is ear pleasing and shows the native touch. Coming to food, you’ll get to taste varieties of vegan and non vegan foods which will give you a mouth watering taste. The folk dance of the locals definitely reflects the heritage and vibrant lifestyle of the locals. Out of so many, they perform Kuluvi dance forms with full tradition and culture.
♦ What to expect: hills, sightseeing
♦ How to Reach:
• By Flight- the nearest airport is Gaggal Airport located in Kangra but flights are available infrequently.
• By Bus- Private and interstate buses are available on regular basis and it is considered as the most suitable way to reach here.
• By Train- the most economical way to reach here; train is widely connected to major cities of north, east and west region.
♦ Minimum Holiday Packages: Ask per person
♦ Minimum Duration: 3 to 5 days.
♦ Best Time to Visit: Throughout the year
♦ Most preferred: Friends, families and couples
• Temples: Laxmi Narayan Temple, Chamunda Devi Temple, Bara Pather, Shree Raghunath Mandir, Hariraya Temple.
• Churches: St. John’s Church, St. Francis Church, St. Patrick’s Church, St. Andrew’s Church.
• Other famous spots: Dainkund Peak, Bakrota Hills, Garam Sadak, Ganji Pahari, Satdhara Falls.
♦ Prefer travelling by road rather than relying on flight and train.
♦ Pack extra woolens cloths if you are travelling in winters.
♦ Advance booking of hotel is recommended for your easy stay and voyage.
♦ High boots are recommended in snow season.
♦ Leave your jewelry at hotel or cloak service.
Dalhousie is a great place to spend your vacation in the arm of nature. The place is sensational as well as charming and the atmosphere is absolutely a refreshing doze to someone who’s tired from his busy lifestyle and wants to inhale a fresh air. The beauty of this place will make you astounded and will turn you into a storyteller.