Travel to Jade Hills with tailored Coorg Holidays Packages India to explore amazing view of valley by Coorg Tours Operators Delhi. Our wide range of Coorg Holidays Packages are designed as per your needs and pocket friendly. It’s the trendy hill station located in Karnataka where you get to witness enthralling landscape along with pleasant climate. People here are living a cosmopolitan life; a good mixture in term of culture and population. Its dreamlike lay makes it a perfect tourist destination. One can admire the scene of hills and Craver River by having traditional coffee.
Basic Facts about Coorg
• Rank: Ranked 3 of 101Karnataka Tourism Destinations
• State: Karnataka
• Famous for/as: Hill Station
• Altitude: 1061 m
• Pin code: 571201
• District: Kodagu
• Language: Kodava, Kannada, English
• STD code: 08272
• Weather: Summer 19 to 34°C, Winter 14 to 29°C
The local name of Coorg is Kodagus and can be found in Tamil Sangam Literature approximately 2nd century. The region was ruled by Kadambas and has a history dated to 327 B.C when it is assumed that Coorgis is decadence of Alexander the Great who marched to India along with armed forces. In 9th and 17th century, the land was ruled by Kadambas, Ganga, Changalvas, Hoysala, Nanja Raja and Tipu Sultan. Later the kingdom flourishes under British Reign and Kodagu became part of British throne in 1811. When India got independence in 1947, this smallest province became a state but later the providence was divided on the basis of language and Coorg became a district of Karnataka state.
The custom and tradition here is quite different when compare to other states. The nature of people is very gracious and welcome tourist with open gesture. Besides its picturesque beauty, the place is also famous for its wide coffee and spice plantation. The locals worship nature and river Cauvery at uppermost regard. Coming to Attire, the local wears traditional dress – Kuppasathatti on major festivals and occasion such as Puthari, Kailmahurtha and Kaveri Sankramana. The food here s different yet tasty and one must taste ethnic food such as Kadumbutt, Koogalet, Paputt and Pandi karri to get the feeling of locals.
♦ What to expect: Hills and local attraction sightseeing
♦ How to Reach:
• By Flight- There is no dedicated airport, the nearest airport is Mangalore.
• By Bus- Regular buses are available from neighboring cities such as Mangalore, Bengaluru and Mysore.
• By Train- There is no straightforward train; one need to catch train from other cities.
♦ Minimum Holiday Packages: Ask Per person
♦ Minimum Duration: 2 to 4 days
♦ Time to visit: October – April
♦ Most preferred: Couple, friends and families.
• Sanctuaries: Dubare Elephant Camp, Dubare Reserve Forest, Pushpagiri Wildlife Sanctuary, Talakaveri Wildlife Sanctuary, Valnur Fishing Camp.
• Hills & Waterfalls: Abbi Falls, Iruppu Falls, Mallalli Falls, Burude Falls, Thadiyandamol Hills, Brahmagiri peak, Chomamale Hill.
• Local attraction: Omkareshwara Temple, Bhagamandala, Padi Iggutappa Temple, Veerabhoomi, Chettalli.
• Others Spots: Mandalpatti, Tadiandamol Peak, Cauvery Nisargadhama, Nehru Mantap, Raja’s Seat, Harangi Dam.
♦ Book you hotel in advance along with your travelling tickets.
♦ Safety should be your first priority; cover your elbows and knees with pads at trekking.
♦ Before you do trek or biking, make sure you pack light. You don’t want to make your bag sound heavy as it will exhaust you.
♦ Keep your valuable items at hotel safe.
It’s time to put your feet up and travel to Coorg. The Coorg is an ultimate region to enjoy your holiday. The magnificence of this place will leave you speechless. The mesmerize view of waterfall; sunrise and sunset will turn you into a storyteller. Travelling here would be like best vacation of all time so don’t think, plan now.