One must know about e-Tourist Visa on Arrival before arriving in India. The Indian E-Tourist Visa Facility is available for the citizens of varied territories and countries. Hence, if you are planning to travel to India, you must know about eTV and other details, like its eligibility criterion, documents required, instructions and so on.
What is eTV?
eTV or e-Tourist Visa scheme has been introduced by the Indian government for varied countries, viz. Norway, Jordan, Luxembourg, Australia, Tuvalu, Laos, Marshall Islands, Brazil, Singapore, Thailand, Papua New Guinea, Mexico, Russia, Cambodia, New Zealand, Ukraine, Myanmar, Palestine, Cook Islands, Republic of Korea, Djibouti, Samoa, Oman, Tonga, Philippines, Micronesia, Fiji, USA, Indonesia, Kenya, Japan, Finland, Niue Island, Germany, Solomon Islands, Vietnam, UAE, Mauritius, Kiribati, Palau, Vanuatu, Israel and Nauru.
This type of visa provides single entry facility for a validity of 30 days (maximum) by the Immigration Officers at Bengaluru, Kolkata, Mumbai, Delhi, Thiruvananthapuram, Hyderabad, Goa, Chennai and Kochi airports. It is non-convertible and non-extendable. Also, eTV is allowed to a foreigner for maximum two times in a year and that too with a minimum time interval of 2 months between 2 visits.
eTV is available to the citizens of above mentioned countries for casual business, medical treatment, tourism, visiting friends/relatives etc. however, it would not be granted to those having occupation or permanent residence in India. It is also not applicable to those who have Diplomatic/Official Passports.
• The passport should be valid for a period six months.
• Foreign tourists arriving in India for the purpose of medical treatment, recreation, sightseeing, meeting friends, relatives or casual business meets.
• Foreign Tourists of Pakistani origin (i.e. having Pakistani Passport) will have to apply at Indian Mission for regular Visa.
• The foreign tourist should sufficient money to spend during the stay in India. Also, he/she must carry the return ticket.
• Not available to those having Diplomatic/ Official Passports.
E-Tourist Visa Instructions
♦ The eTV fees is non-refundable.
♦ The visa validity is 30 days from the arrival date in India.
♦ Applicants can apply online 4 days in advance of the arrival date.
♦ While travelling to India, the applicant should have a copy of Electronic Travel Authorisation (ETA).
♦ eTV is allowed for a maximum of two visits in a year.
♦ One can easily track his/ her application status online by clicking on Visa Status.
♦ All the biometric Details of the tourist would be collected on arrival at Immigration.
♦ The charges for Tourist Visa on Arrival is US $ 60/- per passenger. This price excludes the interchange charge for credit or debit cards. The fees must be paid in advance – atleast 4 days before the expected travel date.
♦ Once issued, eTV on arrival is non-extendable, non-convertible and not valid for visiting the Cantonment, Restricted/ Protected areas.
♦ This is an additional facility to the existing visa service.
♦ Travellers can arrive in India through 9 airports, i.e., Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, Bangalore, Delhi, Goa, Cochin and Trivandrum.
♦ The applicant must upload his/her latest photograph with white background and front facing direction along with the photo page of passport that bears personal info, such as the name, nationality, date of birth, expiry date etc. however, the application may be rejected, if it isn’t as per specifications or the uploaded document(s) is not clear.
For any query or concern regarding Visa issues and other allied matters, the tourists can send an email to email@example.com or call at the Visa Support Centre at +91-11-24300666.
You should have a scanned copy of the first page of your passport with size specifications as – Maximum 300 KB and Minimum 10 KB. It should be in PDF format.
Criteria for Digital Photograph
• The photograph to be uploaded should follow the below mentioned criteria –
• It should be in JPEG Format.
• The size should not exceed 1 MB and the minimum should be 10 KB.
• The height and width of photo must be equal.
• The background of the photo should be pure white or plain light coloured.
• No shadows on the background or on the face.
• No Borders.
• Present full head in the photograph, right from top of hair to the bottom of your chin.
• Keep your eyes open in the photograph with full face and front view.